Part alternative

vk6zgo

Joined Jul 21, 2012
Uh WRONG!!! LCD and plasma look flawless compared to any crt i ever seen.

I cannot stand crt at all, gives me nausea, headaches and epilepsy.
Resolution & scanning lines aren't the whole story,& TVs are different to Computer Monitors:=

I remember seeing one of the early Plasmas side by side with a correctly set up 27" CRT Picture Monitor.

Reddish tones on the Plasma varied between Magenta in darker parts of the picture,to orange in brighter parts.
In the brightest parts,it saturated,losing detail.

On the CRT Monitor,the reddish tone remained the same from dark to high brightness.
It did not saturate.

Plasmas have improved a great deal since that time,but occasionally still get caught out.
I have seen Plasmas & LCDs side by side,with the Plasma exhibiting a milder version of the above problem.
The LCDs did not.

luke9511

Joined May 28, 2014
i just need to figure out what is causing the sound i keep hearing when its plugged up, it some where near the hot/Q504 but i cant see anything messed up and when my fiancee listened she pointed to the area of those two,

now someone told me that if q504 was bad the tv wouldnt come on at all, but could it be bad and causing the sound im hearing but still barely work to power the tv?

also is there a way to test it to see if its still good or not with my multi meter?

luke9511

Joined May 28, 2014
Last edited: