Parallel port transfer

auststud

Joined Mar 25, 2009
Hello

Even, I have to do the same as what u have to do. I want to send the analog to digital converted data from PIC16F877 to computer through the parallel port.

I am connecting temperature sensor, LM35 to pin AN0 of PIC16F877, and I want to see the result of ADC on the computer and not on the LCD. I have the setup to read from parallel port, but I dont know, which Ports of PIC16F877 will have the converted data.

I am using picbasic pro to program the microcontroller. The program, I have written is shown below:

define ADC_BITS 8
define ADC_CLOCK 3
define ADC_SAMPLEUS 50

x var byte
y var byte
z var byte

TRISA=255
TRISB=0
ADCON1=%00000000
pause 500
loop:

ADCIN 0,x
x = x * 100

output PORTB
pause 500
goto loop

I want to know, by writing 'output PortB', will all the ports of PortB have 8 bits converted data???

If it is wrong, how should I send the result of conversion to any port? I mean, what modification should I do in the program???

From LM35, I am getting 0.25V(as it gives 10mV/C) according to the room temperature. I am multiplying by 100 to read the temperature on the computer.

Plz help...

Thanx a lot......

May God bless u all.........

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
We ask that people not post into existing threads, as it creates confusion.

This is the hijacked thread - http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=14501.

I am pretty ignorant of PIC's, but I would imagine that the operations -
ADCIN 0,x
x = x * 100
- are going to alter the value of x. What is the purpose?

Also, do you have to explicitly transfer the variable x to the port in order for the data to get sent?

Reading the manual for the PIC will answer your questions. Or you can just examine the value of x and the value in the port register to see if the transfer got accomplished.