parallel circuit

AmenAha

Joined Feb 9, 2010
Have a question in regards to a parallel circiut..whats a parallel circuit are the proportinal to their wattage or resisitance?

Mike33

Joined Feb 4, 2005
Hi,
I think we need a bit more information to help you out! If you had a schematic you are thinking about, or could be a little bit more detailed....
Components or devices in parallel are connected to the power supply, or other circuits/devices, like this: The P's could be light bulbs....
--------------------------------
| | |
P P P
| | |
---------------------------------

In general, components that are paralleled, such as resistors, will 'split' the current and have less resistance....50% if there are 2 of equal value.
A basic electronics tutorial would help to explain this better - I bet one of the E-books available online here would help!!

AmenAha

Joined Feb 9, 2010
Yes!! this really works for me, we did a hands on project in class last week and I dont have a problem doing it because its hands on but expalining it in theory via omhs and watts law requires more attention and help for me to grasp solidly. I know it but seems like its not a part of my thinking process as its required for my studies. Thanks for your help.

Mike33

Joined Feb 4, 2005
Glad you found that helpful, A.A! At the very top of the page, the title bar is actually full of links to "E-books". They are online, free tutorials about how to begin working with electronics. If you work hard with Ohm's Law, you will find later projects to be much easier! This is a link to the 1st E-book, enjoy! You may then find something more concrete that you'd need help with - you can post an image and it will be easy to help you understand the ideas better.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/index.html