Paradise ? Not so much !

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by R!f@@, Sep 7, 2016.

1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
  2. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    I don't know whether the report is true or not. What I do know is that Al Jazeera has been shown to report lies about public figures.

I had imagined the Maldives as a sleepy little island with lots of grass huts and a few three or four story buildings; my imaginings were apparently wrong.

Does everyone in the Maldives speak English?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  3. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    The Maldives have been in our news quite a bit recently. Every time I read one of these releases, I thought of you and was concerned.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/08/09/maldives-parliament-passes-tough-defamation-law.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/0...aldives-president-to-return-to-democracy.html

Of course, the anti-defamation law is just another name for censoring the legitimate press. There has even been talk in the US of anti-defamation legislation. California is on the brink of enacting a law (it passed the legislature and only awaits Gov. Brown's signature) to criminalize certain types of investigative reporting. Turkey, of course, has seen a crackdown blamed on the failed coop.

The problem is, what can an individual do about it?

Stay safe and keep your mouth shut, unless you want to be a martyr.

John

R!f@@ likes this.
  4. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    The recent generation speaks English. The older ones not so much.

I am trying to stay out of all these kinda things. It was brought to my attention by AAC not to get into political issues and brag around. Now I suppress my anger. I keep my self busy with projects and stuff.
    My postings were deleted with my consent as I believe those postings might bring a black helicopter on my door step so to speak.

Thank you John, for your concern.

I dunno when I will snap. Holding in anger is not good but what can one man do. I got family to be concerned about.

If I am not around AAC, you can start wondering if I have snapped. Till then I will be always around by God's will.

By the way. I cannot say this report is false.
    Bro is in Jail.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  5. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    @R!f@@

Stay safe. Freedom of speech isn't allowed in some countries. Americans are not use to that ... Those that visited other countries have a little better understanding.

I was told once, a very long time ago by a local, that they would like to free as Americans. It was a Mediterranean country.

R!f@@ likes this.
  6. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
  7. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011