Paradise ? Not so much !

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by R!f@@, Sep 7, 2016.

1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
  2. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    I don't know whether the report is true or not. What I do know is that Al Jazeera has been shown to report lies about public figures.

I had imagined the Maldives as a sleepy little island with lots of grass huts and a few three or four story buildings; my imaginings were apparently wrong.

Does everyone in the Maldives speak English?
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  3. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    The Maldives have been in our news quite a bit recently. Every time I read one of these releases, I thought of you and was concerned.

Of course, the anti-defamation law is just another name for censoring the legitimate press. There has even been talk in the US of anti-defamation legislation. California is on the brink of enacting a law (it passed the legislature and only awaits Gov. Brown's signature) to criminalize certain types of investigative reporting. Turkey, of course, has seen a crackdown blamed on the failed coop.

The problem is, what can an individual do about it?

Stay safe and keep your mouth shut, unless you want to be a martyr.

R!f@@ likes this.
  4. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    The recent generation speaks English. The older ones not so much.

I am trying to stay out of all these kinda things. It was brought to my attention by AAC not to get into political issues and brag around. Now I suppress my anger. I keep my self busy with projects and stuff.
    My postings were deleted with my consent as I believe those postings might bring a black helicopter on my door step so to speak.

Thank you John, for your concern.

I dunno when I will snap. Holding in anger is not good but what can one man do. I got family to be concerned about.

If I am not around AAC, you can start wondering if I have snapped. Till then I will be always around by God's will.

By the way. I cannot say this report is false.
    Bro is in Jail.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  5. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005

Stay safe. Freedom of speech isn't allowed in some countries. Americans are not use to that ... Those that visited other countries have a little better understanding.

I was told once, a very long time ago by a local, that they would like to free as Americans. It was a Mediterranean country.
    R!f@@ likes this.
  6. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
  7. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011