Paper Perforator CNC Machine? PLC?

HighVoltage!

Joined Apr 28, 2014
I want to code a CNC or PLC; A hole perforator which rapidly perforates fine holes into paper that will allow me to tear clean shapes. Help please? What can I get to perforate the holes?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
A hole punch..

Your question is pretty lame and lacking.. :confused:

many/most professional CNC machines use a PLC of sorts... so whats a CNC vs PLC to you?
There are many "CNC/3d printer" based all in one electronic boards (Smoothieboard,etc...) now aimed at low cost CNC platforms.. Is that what you meant vs PLC?
fine holes? does a dimension come with that?
Are you asking about the mechanical aspects too?
How many axes do you need?
Have you stated any required speeds/torques/forces,etc..?
Does the paper move or the punch?
Is the paper roll fed?
Size of paper?

etc...?
etc....?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Do the shapes need to be customizable (programmable)?
If just straight line cuts then a point to point to machine using a PLC otherwise for custom you may need 2 1/2 axis CNC.
One sheet at a time or a ream?
Envelope machines etc use a guillotine die stamper for standard shapes.
Max.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I am confused. Do you want help with programming a CNC or PLC to preform the perforation function?

Or are you asking what physical apparatus to use to preform the perforation function?

Pick one.

HighVoltage!

Joined Apr 28, 2014
Do the shapes need to be customizable (programmable)?
If just straight line cuts then a point to point to machine using a PLC otherwise for custom you may need 2 1/2 axis CNC.
One sheet at a time or a ream?
Envelope machines etc use a guillotine die stamper for standard shapes.
Max.
To clarify my project:
A roll of paper thats being fed at a certain rate in which shall perforated from left to right: The rolls height is 30", the inside diameter of the roll must be 2", and outside diameter of roll is 7".

The end result should be as follows:
At the height of 10" (from the bottom), I must be able to tear a clean smooth cone to the bottom of the short end (10" end).

I want to be able to change the program parameters as far as tearing height and or diameter of roll. What will I need for this?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Do you need to perforate at the same time as the rate of feed, or is it stopped? If not it sounds like you need the running shear principle.
If it stops or pauses to perforate, this is similar to bag sealers for packaging.
Max.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
To clarify my project:
A roll of paper thats being fed at a certain rate in which shall perforated from left to right: The rolls height is 30", the inside diameter of the roll must be 2", and outside diameter of roll is 7".

The end result should be as follows:
At the height of 10" (from the bottom), I must be able to tear a clean smooth cone to the bottom of the short end (10" end).

I want to be able to change the program parameters as far as tearing height and or diameter of roll. What will I need for this?
clear as MUD.. o_O
some pictures/sketches would really help..

Are you asking for the electronics portion of this project (as this is an electronics forum)?
Are you asking for the mechanical portion of this project?
Are you asking for both elec and mechanical design assistance?