P89V51RD2 Self programming

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by amjad2000in, Sep 3, 2009.

1. amjad2000in

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Hi,

I am new with P89V51RD2 microcontroller. Usually I am using the PIC16F877A for general purpose applications. Now I am using a display application and need to have a large Program memory, thats why purchased this chip.

In PIC16F877A, it has a facility to self program the built in EEPROM space and the Program memory. Subroutines are given for it in the datasheet itself.

But, in the P89V51RD2 datasheet, I haven't seen anything like this.

The situation is that, I need to receive some serial data from a PC and program in the microcontrollers FLASH memory in the run time itself.

I will be thankful if any one please help me on this. I am really in a pathetic situation, please help.

Regards,
    Amjad A.R.

2. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
  3. amjad2000in

Sep 3, 2009
    Hi Sir,

Thanks for your reply. But till not, I didn't get it completely. I know that, I need to use IAP. I downloaded the datasheet from the given link also. But, in it, it doesn't provides any subfunctions for Flash programming or anything like that. Please help me sir.

Regards,

Amjad A.R.

4. GetDeviceInfo

Jun 7, 2009
    That particular datasheet does list the functions, the registers that are used, and the entry point to call.

I personally haven't used this device, and there may be some nuances that need to be considered.

Check this discussion out to see if it helps;
    http://www.keil.com/forum/docs/thread10502.asp

5. amjad2000in

Sep 3, 2009
    Thanks Sir,

I have read the thread and will try the code discussed there. In the mean time, if u got any more resources on it, please let me know.

Thankfully,

Amjad A.R.