overunity deviant pleasure hobby.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I like the humor here, but just to be clear, I don't think Beenthere's memory would be served by allowing this. Instead we keep closing them, referring them to beenthere's posts, and if they are especially religious, toss them into the outer darkness (he used that phrase describing people he had to ban).

But I do not mind petitions. They and the paper they are printed on have many other uses!
If such a petition were even created, I would immediately create counter petition to have the first one declared null and void.

beenthere would have approved of this method, provided he got to tally the counts.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
About the censorship I did to Rifaa's post yesterday:

Maybe the talk over the thread you posted at will degrade into a overunity talk and closed, but since lately there have been a lot of misunderstandings with new members, I prefer to do things by the book.
We won't insult anyone, just point out their deficiencies. If they don't get it, then we will take on measures.
And about my comment on your edited post, I meant that since you didn't realize your post was deleted, I edited it and notified you about it in the comments section.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
just a theory...

could it be because they at some point during breadboarding (when learning) discovered that you can get magical values out of your circuit but then forgot that it involves improper placement of grounds, improper settings of oscilloscope, etc....? Only last week I was get 120V and my circuit wasn't even powered :D
That might be an hypothesis. Consider this: once a system like that is generating heat, it can't be self sustained. That defeats overunity, because energy_being_consumed = energy_being_produced + heat. Thus energy_being_produced < energy_being_consumed. As simple as that!

Indeed, wrong measurements may induce a wrong thesis.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Aaah ! now I get it..

It might be insulting..Sorry..
But Sincerely I did not meant it that way..but I don't think OP is that mature to get it. If you know what I mean.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I think there is more than one motivation at work in generating such posts, with people of different intentions and degrees of seriousness making them. Several categories might exist:-

Most obvious is the "over-unity nut", an individual probably without much grasp of scientific or technical matters, but convinced by the "free energy" cults which are going the rounds, particularly with the advent of fiddled demonstrations on YouTube etc. They should if possible be taught to know better, but their lack of background knowledge may make this hard to achieve.

Next we have the snake-oil salesmen, who cater to the first category, mostly knowing darned well that what they are selling is a load of old pony and trap, but are in it to make a quick quid / fast buck. These are really swindlers: I think they deserve zero tolerance.

Then there are the trolls: we can't really be doing with them, but there can be a sort of pleasure in spotting them. Recent history has left me rather itching to go troll-hunting, but maybe to bait a troll is actually to become one. I wonder if Artificial Intelligence will ever reach the stage when they could be reliably detected by software?

Then we come to the folk in energy poverty, some in places where education may be as hard to come by as a reliable electricity supply. I would be willing to spend time trying to explain what a waste of effort these things are, but I would not expect to be believed very often.

In my opinion, the real villains of the piece those who try to sell junk ideas to people in difficulties. If some fairly affluent nutters want to waste their time and money on useless contraptions it is a pity, but people in poor circumstances can ill afford to do this.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
When I was about 10 years old I came up with an idea to make a motor out of banana shaped magnets, that would push itself around in a circle with no external power. I got on the internet and went in a newgroup and started asking about it, if it had ever been done, how to bend the magnets, etc. and was flamed to death by people who didn't know I was only 10. They told me all about the laws of physics (in a very condescending manner) and I independently verified them. That's how I learned about perpetual motion/overunity/"free energy". So now I have a hardened disgust for the "free energy" crowd. makes me sick that they are able to dupe grown people into buying this crap. and also grown people who aren't able to comprehend why its not possible. Anybody with an ounce of smarts should see a red flag when someone is selling "plans" but no product, for something that is supposed to revolutionize the world.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yep, which goes to prove he is human. He also stated on this web site that Stanley Meyers was killed by the big oil companies, making him a conspiracy theorist. Tony has come up with a lot of schematics that have caused us heartaches over the years, such as his 555 inverter.

Tony Van Roon died not too long ago, so I will leave it at that.

Please don't encourage the H2O folks to visit this website. Your post will be picked up by Google, and they will come. All you are doing is creating a lot of extra work for me and the other moderators. I do not like talking to fanatics, nor do I enjoy having my name spread around in a negative way (as has already been done) because these people can not face facts nor learn science. I would take it as a personal favor.

When they come, I will point the to beenthere's arguments, then close the thread. If it goes to pattern I will have to ban a certain percentage. Fun, fun, fun kiddies!

I don't think beenthere enjoyed it any more than I will.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
On the hho coin, I still side with beenthere's assessment. I'm sure you will dilligently execute your duties Bill.
That's the one that I seriously do not understand. There are cars built to run on Hydrogen, and they get horrid mileage on both Hydrogen and gasoline. So you'd think BMW would have tried mixing the two a little bit for a performance boost, but they didn't.

HHO is only good for making poor people poorer, and people without a conscience richer.