outputs are?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by logmode, Nov 24, 2013.

1. logmode

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Hi,

I have a question and may have more if that’s ok. I am looking at making a solar panel. And I have found out that there are a lot of problems to resolve like heat, exposure, and future cell replacement repair. Anyways I can’t find this top secret information on a cell connection outputs. This cell is 6*6 Mono Crystalline. The cell has three soldering strips on the pretty side that is the negative side. Its voltage output is 0.5v just over 4 w, but from what I have read it’s more like 3w. Ok enough said here goes, is it really like three cells in one, each solder strip is one third of the total output?

Thank you

2. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
  3. logmode

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Hi Kermit2,
    Read it but that is for two solder connection, darn.
    Thx anyways

4. logmode

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Howdy,

I know this is very top secret, I promise I won’t tell anyone. Only me and you will know about it.

Thank you
    and I put sugar on top.:rolleyes:

5. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    Post a picture of the cell and/or a link to its technical description, and you have a better chance of a quick answer.

6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    A few multimeter measurements would go a long way, too.

7. logmode

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2011
    hello,
    I do not have a cell yet. I also found some information.

8. logmode

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Hi
    Ok no one knows the inputs and outputs of one cell, hard to believe but it’s ok. I will eventually buy some and post my findings.
    thank you and Happy Thanksgiving :D

9. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    Okay, looking at the pictures on the link you posted, the three lines on the face (dark side) of the solar cell are all negative polarity, and the the lines on the back (lighter side) are all positive polarity. In practice, each cell is joined by soldering conductive strips on the face of one cell and then on the back of the next cell, thus connecting the cells in series. There are lots of explanations how to do this. Google "connecting solar cells."

10. logmode

Thread Starter Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Hi please click:)