Outdoor Hobbies

Rbeckett

Joined Sep 3, 2010
Back on topic. I love to SCUBA dive in far away lands. Spent the last 2 years before I got sick diving the similans and southern Thailand as well as Burma and Malayasia. Had a super time and got some memories for the grand kids when they come. If you have the opportunity to dive you should take it and see what the other 90% of the world is like. Did this on a whim while on holliday in Southern Thailand and just cant get enough now. Once I recover a little more I want to go to Egypt and Micronesia as well as the Carribean. Did a short holiday in Mexico but it was too soon after a bad storm and the reefs were still pretty tore up. Just gotta get a little better so I am up to the demands of the trip.
Bob

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
How high are the Rockies in that area?
I'm in Calgary, which lies on the boundary of flat prairie and the rolling foothills. Within an hour by vehicle lies the continental divide and Banff national park. One of the larger peaks, Mt. Temple, rises 11,500'.

There are many 500m faces that are popular in the local vicinity. I would describe myself as a scrambler, opposed to a climber. I still get weezy at hieghts.

Allthough Sunshine and Louise ski hills are fabulous local alpine hills, we prefer the 'off the path' hills for trekking.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I'm in Calgary, which lies on the boundary of flat prairie and the rolling foothills. Within an hour by vehicle lies the continental divide and Banff national park. One of the larger peaks, Mt. Temple, rises 11,500'.

There are many 500m faces that are popular in the local vicinity. I would describe myself as a scrambler, opposed to a climber. I still get weezy at hieghts.

Allthough Sunshine and Louise ski hills are fabulous local alpine hills, we prefer the 'off the path' hills for trekking.
Beautiferous :)

did you take that?

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I love how the attached thumbnail is out of sync =)

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It is in synch to me. Maybe you need a faster connection or a faster browser (anything other than IE).
Magnets post confused me at first too. I am not sure why he reposted multiple copies of the cat gif. I think he was referring to the gif in the thumbnail section of thatone guy. The thumbnail is out of sync with the ones on the actual post.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Sorry, i was messing around with my post because i was bored, but yea, i mean the one in the attached thumbnail section.
it was about 90 degrees out of sync for me.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Keeping the post alive, I recently got accepted for a 21 day backpacking trip in Philmont, New Mexico (Rocky Mountains) :D

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
You taking a mobile internet device? :D
Haha, you've obviously never been backpacking in the rocky mountains...

No cell service unless you're on top of a 12000 foot mountain, and even if i could get satellite internet, I wouldn't take it.
I'm probably not even taking a cellphone, after a couple days every ounce feels like a pound.

So you guys might have to live without me for a full 3.5 weeks...
I know your'e crushed. ;)

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I have! Jasper area. I'm jealous. Have a good time and watch for the bears.;)
Ive seen two on previous trips,
and almost stepped on a rattlesnake,
and heard a few mountian lions...
but for some reason I just can't stop going back :D