oscilloscope

Icircuit

Joined Dec 9, 2010
hi I have a question about oscilloscopes. I am still putting projects together at the electronics for dummies projects book. I decided to buy an 465B scope. an it is Tektronix 465B 100MHz a Two channel Two TB scope. But I am also looking a Leader LBO 515 (2) ch 30MHz scope. What would be best for me and why

thank you
M. Loving

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
I'd go with the Tektronix scope mainly because of the better band width. Even more so if the pricing is similar to the Leader scope.

SteveHow

Joined Jul 2, 2012
Plus you can find all the Service Manuals etc online for the Tektronix Scopes which is kinda nice. Plus there is still heaps of parts around for them.

Hey I even have one :)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It's called, "penny wise and pound foolish" around here.

Been there, done that. Mexican 2N3055 transistors that were 10 cents cheaper each. Then we threw 1/3 of them away for not meeting spec. They would go into Isb (current, second breakdown) and burn up themselves and their emitter resistors, which pist off the assemblers 'cause they had to rebuild that section after it burned up. So I designed a tester. Anything that passed the test worker properly in the circuits.