Oscilloscope and Sweep Generator cables wanted

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by bwilliams60, Nov 15, 2013.

1. bwilliams60

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I was just wondering if anybody knows where to get cabling for Wavetek Model 22 Sweep generator and Phillips PM3217 Oscilloscope. I picked a couple of each up for next to nothing, have no clue how to use them but figure it's a good place to start learning again. Thanks for your help. Live in Ontario, Canada. Thanks in advance

2. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    Are you asking about a scope probe? and BNC coaxial cables?

3. bwilliams60

Nov 18, 2012
    I believe I am and if I'm correct, I should be able to get them at any electronics store. I'm a newb so I thought they might be proprietary but starting to think they are not. Anything I should know before purchasing them?

4. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Check out ebay for probes and cables....
    Also check out youtube for picking probes and when buying probes just make sure the probes are in capacitence conpensation range ... The value should be under or around the bnc connector..

5. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  6. bwilliams60

Nov 18, 2012
    Thanks Bertus. I downloaded both manuals some time ago off the Net and was reading through them. Some of the lingo is foreign to me at this time but hopefully I can learn as I go and figure this out. Looking forward to playing with it. Just picked up a new PC based scope as well.