oscillating circuit

waco3002

Joined May 12, 2015
a. The resistor and capacitor values required, for the oscillator to resonate at 250 MHz

using formula Fr = 1 / (2(pi)RC)

R = 0.21221

C = 3*10^-9

I have done this first bit answers above. but don't know where to start on the next bit

b. The output voltage of the oscillating circuit if the input voltage is 250mV/30^o

any help would be appreciated.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't believe you can make an RC oscillator at 250 MHz, and the value of the resistor is ridiculously low.

I'm not familiar with the meaning of 250mV/30^o. I'm good up to the /, but what is the crap that follows?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I'm not sure you want to create a new history or magical, almost the RC frequency less than 10Mhz and more than 100Khz may appear a astable phenomenon.

Are you just playing with a formula or really want to make some stuffs?

waco3002

Joined May 12, 2015
I just put a value in for the capacitor so i could calculate a value for the resistance.

where it refers to figure 4 that is the drawing in the pdf.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I just put a value in for the capacitor so i could calculate a value for the resistance.

where it refers to figure 4 that is the drawing in the pdf.
Yes and that gave you an absolutely ridiculous resistor value. In a Wein-Bridge oscillator you will have some trouble finding an Opamp to work at those frequencies, but good luck.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The drawing in figure 4 is not an oscillator. It is not even a circuit. It is a fragment of a circuit.
If your instructor is too busy to ask reasonable questions I'd be asking for my tuition money back