Optical Invisibility - Falaco Effect

4beowulf7

Joined Jul 25, 2015
Hi guys!
I found some very interesting info from an online source:

[1] “The Falaco Effect as a topological defect was first noticed by the present author in the swimming pool of an old MIT friend, during a visit in Rio de Janeiro, at the time of Halley's comet, March 1986. The concept was first presented at the Austin Meeting of Dynamic Days in Austin, January 1987, and caused some interest among the resident topologists. The easily reproduced experiment added to the credence of topological defects in fluids. It is now perceived that this topological phenomenon is universal, and will appear at all levels from the microscopic to the galactic.”
by R. M. Kiehn – University of Houston
E-mail: (Removed by moderator -please contact the poster privately if you desire the email address.)
http://www22.pair.com/csdc/car/carfre10.htm

As shown in Fig. 1, a surface distortion causes an incident light to be refracted in such a way that there is a dark region behind the distorted surface that never sees the incident light. This effect is called as the Falaco effect [1].

Fig1.jpg

I think that this effect can be used for optical invisibility. Since no light goes through the dark region, no light will also come from that region.

Fig2.jpg

To the observer on the right, the woman on the left may not be visible.

A practical realization may be to create a negative high-voltage (HV) potential in front of the object that is to be disguised. Negative HV corresponds an inward pressure in aether, hence, an aetheric surface distortion is created.

What do you think?

Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Great bug flick. We now have proof of multi universe travel. Just exactly like they said. And just like they showed us on TV.

It's a true modern marvel.

What new worlds will we fine there?

Actually, it's amazing how simple it seems to modulate light.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
What is with OP and Aether ?
The OP clearly has some "issues" with sanity based on the plethora of posts about "out of this world" topics and such.

I'm sure this one just bounces from forum to forum seeing how fast they can be booted..

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
What is with OP and Aether ?
I wonder if the TS is (Russian?) Orthodox. I did a bit of research, and it seems like some of them have unusual practices, such as using the terms ether and Constantinople, which are generally considered obsolete.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
My vote is he's the latest incarnation of billymayo, et al. And this time he's making statements instead of his normal routine.