opps!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CrossRider, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrossRider

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 10, 2011
    this post was removed I am moving it to another location as a response

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    I can hardly wait to respond to your lunatic ravings. :rolleyes:

By the way, discussions on HHO are off limits here, along with discussions of modifications to emissions controls, which is what you posted before you edited it all out. And, running engines overly lean WILL cause engine damage due to detonation.

By the way, it's spelled "Oops".

3. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    I always enjoy an HHO / overunity thread and its ultimate collapse and lock. I always wonder if it'll get a far as Stan Meyers then perpetual motion (magnets seem popular this year) a spattering of government coverup / conspiracy theories then if we're really lucky UFOs.

4. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    We need a button to "like" posts
    :D

5. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    It's fun when it's infrequent, the posts are always intense as sheer wishful thinking vs hard facts get bantered about. It's not fun when you have thousands of like minded but otherwise unknowledgeable types all doing the same stupid thing over and over forever because some charlatan said it was possible. That's just plain sad.

What burns me under the collar about this is there are scum out there that prey on the ignorant with promises of free energy.

6. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    Not when you're special...:D

7. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    I was just a tad slow on hitting the "quote" button, to my chagrin - as the OP had edited it by that time, and the original text was in the proverbial "bit bucket".

He thinks he's going to be running his vehicle on 100% HHO soon. :rolleyes: I wonder how he thinks he's going to get energy out of an ash, which is what water is?

Water is indeed an interesting and unique liquid ash, made from the combustion of hydrogen and oxygen. We couldn't exist without it. However, it takes more energy to break it down into it's elements than you get back by burning it; at best estimates, it might be up to about 70% efficient - which hasn't yet been reached. It's more efficient to use steam reformation of methane gas, which is how hydrogen is made commercially.

The whole HHO "thing" is really sad, because so many innocents have had their bank accounts shorn as if they were sheep. :( Show me an "HHO enlightened" individual, and I'll point out a sucker waiting to have their pockets plucked clean.

We don't play those games here.

8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    When that happens use backstep, it will bring back the old post before it was modified. You have to manually highlight it, but hey, its worth it!

9. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Didn't the last guy that posted he was using something like 50% "HHO" come back a week or two later explaining his engine was blown? Of course, it was mere coincidence to him though. :eek:

10. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Well, how do you define ash?

John

11. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    Really, even I can tell you that putting hydrogen and oxygen into a normal engine is going to really mess things up.

If not from the combustion then from water in the engine.

12. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    You may not have had chemistry yet. But the hydrogen atoms (C8H18 = octane) in gasoline get converted to water in your IC engine. In fact, for every mole of octane, your car puts out approximately 9 moles of water and 8 moles of carbon dioxide, ignoring non-combusted fuel.

John

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  13. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    From some of the commentary, this thread must have been yet another HHO posting.

We would urge the OP to take the time to read every thread and link included in this sticky - http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=28067

That, plus a modicum of education should convince him that HHO is based on a scam and can never work. It's ultimately the OP's choice to educate himself or to be gulled by scammers. If he is working with the scammers, he has made an indefensible choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.