Open source my OIOIC, a completely new object-oriented mechanism for the C.

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by pervise.zhao, Mar 23, 2009.

1. pervise.zhao

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    OIOIC is a completely new object-oriented mechanism for the C programming language.
    Using OIOIC, you can describe the flower, birds, grass, insects, trees, houses ...
    Using OIOIC, you can describe the elements, atoms, protons, electrons ...
    Using OIOIC, you can describe the earth, the sun, the Milky Way galaxy, collapsar ...
    Using OIOIC, you can describe ...
    1. OIOIC perfectly supplies the gap of object-oriented technology for the C programming language;
    2. OIOIC perfectly solved the multiple inheritance problem in the Software World;
    3. OIOIC perfectly objectivizes multithreading access control of object;
    4. OIOIC unifies the norm of components in the Software World;
    5. OIOIC unifies the structure of code tree in the Software World;
    6. OIOIC unifies the thinking of object-oriented programming in the Software World;
    7. OIOIC unifies all advanced programming languages in the Software World, to make the C programming language as the preferred.
    For further information, please download the "OIOIC-Primer-2nd-Edition-English.tar.gz". (the English version of << OIOIC Primer >> )
    http://code.google.com/p/oioic/downloads/list
    Welcome your advice!

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Why would this be more suitable than, say, C++?

Dave

3. pervise.zhao

Mar 23, 2009
  4. Mark44

Nov 26, 2007
  5. Mark44

Nov 26, 2007
    Perhaps the most bizarre claim in the thread is in post #9.
    This is the philosophy that undergirds Marxism, and I fail to understand how that makes for a good or even useful programming language.

6. pervise.zhao

Mar 23, 2009
    I have created WGI based on OIOIC. Now I issue the Demo project of WGI 1.0.0. Here to download the Demo project source code:http://code.google.com/p/oic-wgi/downloads/list
    What WGI? WGI is doing what MFC has done, to encapsulate API, BUT WGI uses OIOIC, instead of C++.

7. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    WGI? Worker's Graphic Interface? Throw off your chains and take the means of computation in your hands!

Plays the Internationale (Arise, coders of the world) while it compiles?

8. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Is it my imagination or does this remind you of the 19th century Medicine Show?

9. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    I believe it's distantly based on another model - OU812.

10. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Rock On -- dude!

11. pervise.zhao

Mar 23, 2009
    to download WGI 1.0.2 : http://code.google.com/p/oic-wgi/downloads/list
    node WDialog ---> corresponding MFC's CDialog
    node WMenu ---> corresponding MFC's CMenu
    node WButton ---> corresponding MFC's CButton
    node WStatic ---> corresponding MFC's CStatic
    node WEdit ---> corresponding MFC's CEdit and CIPAddressCtrl
    node WScrollBar ---> corresponding MFC's CScrollBar
    node WSlider ---> corresponding MFC's CSlider and CProgressCtrl
    node WComboBox ---> corresponding MFC's CComboBox and CComboBoxEx
    other are base node.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. cumesoftware

Apr 27, 2007
    Zhao, I don't know why you rather prefer to use printf, since the COUT operator in C++ allows formatting as well, and unlike printf, doesn't allow some types to be printed in the wrong manner (for example, a char printed as an integer, or worse).

For my point of view, it is not possible to implement a object-oriented programming approach using pure C. C doesn't "know" what a class is, and is far from being a object-oriented language. Either a language is by definition object-oriented, or it is not. You can't just implement a object-oriented mechanism in a language that isn't object-oriented. OK, C is considered to be a subset of C++, but it is a procedural language, and not object oriented. C++ happens to be object-oriented, but you can use it by procedural approach. The reverse is not possible.

13. Bruce.Zhao

Dec 13, 2009
    I am Bruce Zhao, the creator of OIOIC and WGI.

I DO NOT think C++ is a qualified object-oriented programming language. Otherwise, I would not intently, carefully create the OIOIC,oicc and WGI.

SORRY! Because My english is not good.
    Reply slowly!
    Misunderstand your question!
    Express inaccurately!
    I would like to gradually get better.

14. mumbles

Dec 20, 2004
    In my job i regularly use C in an object oriented method, for it to be possible and easily achievable you construct structs that contain function pointers, and there you go, it is cumbersome but then C was not design with the intention to be an OO language.

C++ Bjarne Straustrop specifically design the language to have a few programming paradigms, which include procedual, OO and generic.

If you want OO capabilites it is really worth looking at and considering C++, it is as effeciant if not more so that C depending on which compiler you use.