Opamp output?

Flappie

Joined Jan 7, 2014
Schematics are supposed to convey clarity.

You have 0 to 5 volts input. You do not indicate the Vdd and Vss of the first opamp. You do not have the flag (pin 8) terminated. Do you expect the output to swing between -24 and +24?

Have you reviewed the two datasheets?

Is this schematic from a book or from the internet? If so, cite the source.
... No, but I've mentioned it before.
Yes, I have reviewed them.
No, a friend of me has drawn it and already made this PCB. I'm figuring this out and corrigating it where necessary.

Flappie

Joined Jan 7, 2014
Hello,

This would be my new schematics:

I changed the first opamp to a MCP6004 (rail-to-rail). I added a 100k resistor (R27), they told me this setup would give me the desired output range.
What do you guys think of this?

I must say, I still have my doubts. I'm not so sure my output range will be an AC signal... Will it be?
I can't see/explain how the 0 to 5V range comming from the voltage follower, gets 'transformed' into an AC signal of -2.5V to +2.5V by the blocking capacitor, at the input of the second opamp.

I understand this capacitor filters/blocks DC, but I'm not so confident that it 'makes' the voltage range AC.

Do you guys think this will work correctly as desired (more or less)?

If so, I will order my components, build it and experiment with the capacitor value (C12), starting with 10nF and gradually adding 100nF, 330nF and 680nF in parallel and I'll measure the output range each time. I'm really curious whether it will be an AC voltage range or not... :rolleyes:

Thanks very much in advance!!