Op-amp for Oscillator recommendation

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by gints, May 15, 2009.

1. gints

Thread Starter New Member

May 14, 2009
    Hey guys,

First post here and hoping that someone can point me in a good direciton.

I am trying to make a 20KHz Sine Wave oscillator, and preferably want to use a single supply op-amp (the project will be run off batteries). I was wondering if someone could suggest a particular configuration or op-amp for me to explore? I have tried a Wien Bridge which worked (albeit distortedly) with a dual supply amp, but did not function with a single supply (even with a reference voltage present calculated as per TI data sheet/app note). I have tried LM358 and LM324 packages.

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
  3. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    The lousy old LM358 and LM324 low power opamps perform poorly above only 5kHz and have 3% of crossover distortion. They are noisy (hissss).

The OPA134 single, OPA2134 dual and 4134 quad opamps have a minimum total supply of 5V, have response to 220kHz, have ultra-low-distortion (0.00008%) and are low noise.

The LM4562 is a new dual audio opamp with a minimum total supply of 5V, has a response to 200kHz, has extremely low distortion of only 0.00003% and has extremely low noise.

I have used the TL071 single, TL072 dual and TL074 quad audio opamps for most of my audio projects. They have a response to 100kHz, have very low distortion and are low noise.