Op-amp for Oscillator recommendation

gints

Joined May 14, 2009
Hey guys,

First post here and hoping that someone can point me in a good direciton.

I am trying to make a 20KHz Sine Wave oscillator, and preferably want to use a single supply op-amp (the project will be run off batteries). I was wondering if someone could suggest a particular configuration or op-amp for me to explore? I have tried a Wien Bridge which worked (albeit distortedly) with a dual supply amp, but did not function with a single supply (even with a reference voltage present calculated as per TI data sheet/app note). I have tried LM358 and LM324 packages.

Cheers,
Gints

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The lousy old LM358 and LM324 low power opamps perform poorly above only 5kHz and have 3% of crossover distortion. They are noisy (hissss).

The OPA134 single, OPA2134 dual and 4134 quad opamps have a minimum total supply of 5V, have response to 220kHz, have ultra-low-distortion (0.00008%) and are low noise.

The LM4562 is a new dual audio opamp with a minimum total supply of 5V, has a response to 200kHz, has extremely low distortion of only 0.00003% and has extremely low noise.

I have used the TL071 single, TL072 dual and TL074 quad audio opamps for most of my audio projects. They have a response to 100kHz, have very low distortion and are low noise.