op-amp as a linear inverter

mohansaini

Joined Apr 22, 2010
Hi...
i want to use an op-amp as a linear inverter for 12V Ac.
an inverter works in form om 0-1 for DC. Pl z tell me that either it works for AC inverting or not.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Can you post a drawing of what you have in mind?
Do you want to change the phase of an AC signal with 180 ° ?

Bertus

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That 300 volt signal might be a bit above a level any op amp can handle. You need to use a transformer to drop the voltage to something reasonable.

What is the purpose of the the circuit? Inverting those excursions appears to undo the rectification.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I think you are looking for something more like the attached circuit.

If you are dealing with mains power for an input, you must use an isolation transformer, otherwise it won't be safe.

Attachments

mohansaini

Joined Apr 22, 2010
Hi
Sir, as u can see from the schematic i have reduced this Ac signal to 13V ac by using potential devider. as i have already shown the waveforms i got on CRO i want to reverse Vr2 by 180°. Instead of op-amp is there any other solution then plz tell me about that......

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hi
Sir, as u can see from the schematic i have reduced this Ac signal to 13V ac by using potential devider. as i have already shown the waveforms i got on CRO i want to reverse Vr2 by 180°. Instead of op-amp is there any other solution then plz tell me about that......
Did you even look at my suggested schematic?

mohansaini

Joined Apr 22, 2010
hi,
Sir u r using an isolation transformer, which transformer i have is 25V to 25V so that i have to reduce that voltage to that level.