Onlive announces playpack deal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by maxpower097, Dec 4, 2010.

1. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    So those of you who haven't heard onlive is a game system unlike any other. It runs the game on a high powered server and just streams the graphics and sound to you. Then streams back your controller inputs. I've used it on my computer and some games lag a touch but some are just plain awesome. This allows you to game in PS3 quality on your netbook. Litterally DIRT2 ran better onlive on my Netbook then it did on my gaming PC installed from disc. That being said you don't need to purchase the actual stand alone system you can just use your computer or purchase a stand alone system for $99. Right now it was free for beta users for 2 years. I signed up for that. But they announced that they are offering a playpass deal where you pay $9.99 a month and get access to all their games. About 15 right now spanning all titles. Give it a whirl if you can, its amazing technology and I only see it getting better. I really feel this to change the future of gaming. I don't work for em, nor do I get paid. I'm just amazed by this technology. I could easily see a iphone or android version soon that would allow you PS3 graphics and play on your phone.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    If one lives in the rural portions of the US, broadband is not available. I am on a satellite ISP. Latency is such that the game Tetris is unplayable.

3. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    yah dial up or Satellites aren't gonna work. lol now I feel bad for you. :)