one transmitter, several antennas

imaan

Joined Jul 24, 2014
Hi guys

I'm just wondering if we have a FM transmitter and want to extend the signals in the areas where your FM signals can't reach, what's the solution?
Can we use another FM antenna ?
Like you already cover 20 km and want to cover the next 20 km by using another antenna

Any advice is appreciated

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
How do you feed the "another" Antenna? Receiving a signal, amplifying it and Retransmitting it (on another frequency) for an Extended Range is called a Repeater. It is a workable solution.

Ramesh

imaan

Joined Jul 24, 2014
How do you feed the "another" Antenna? Receiving a signal, amplifying it and Retransmitting it (on another frequency) for an Extended Range is called a Repeater. It is a workable solution.

Ramesh
Thanks..will read about your solution
But can you tell me the process of amplifying?

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
the translator is used to get around mountains or just to get a l9nger distance. it is made of a reciever with its own antenna tuned to the station you want to extend. you take the output of the riciever and use it as a source of modulation for a transmitter on another frequency, and then to another antenna. this is used in some countries where there is no reliable phone or internet service to link several transmitters together to cover the whole country.

imaan

Joined Jul 24, 2014
the translator is used to get around mountains or just to get a l9nger distance. it is made of a reciever with its own antenna tuned to the station you want to extend. you take the output of the riciever and use it as a source of modulation for a transmitter on another frequency, and then to another antenna. this is used in some countries where there is no reliable phone or internet service to link several transmitters together to cover the whole country.
OK if I'm understood well, its actually like another FM transmitter+ antenna+ the audio source with this difference that it uses the same audio source of the main station.

Isn't it easier and cheaper to just use another FM transmitter and antenna in the area where your first FM transmitter's signals is poor, then you just use a proper radio to receive your signal and its audio output goes to the second transmitter??

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Yes, use a good receiver and transmit the signal on an other frequency.
You can not use the same frequency, as the receiver will otherwise receive itself and go "yelling".

Bertus

imaan

Joined Jul 24, 2014
Thanks
Which type of FM transmitters do you recommend?
I.e Chinese like CZH or other companies?
And which antenna is the most powerful in an area without mountains?