One Digit Talking Pad

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by kazezx, Jun 15, 2016.

1. kazezx

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Hello People,
    I currently obtained a mini-project for my vacation which whereby i am required to create a talking pad with buttons ranging from 0 to 9 ( 10 entries ) .
    I managed to create a loudspeaker using LM386 for the output part but i dont understand how to create the input/process parts since the project requires me to produce the respective vocal output for the numbers i.e Pressing 1 will output a voice saying "ONE".
    Any idea how i am supposed to do that?
    I searched online a found talking toys and so far i found the speakjet sound chip which unfortunately is not feasible for this project due to the limited budget.
    Any alternatives ?

Thank You for your Time;

2. kazezx

Jun 15, 2016
    My LM386 Audio Amplifier for Output :
    [​IMG]

3. AlbertHall

Jun 4, 2014
  4. Nykolas

Aug 27, 2013
    Nor do we know where you live, so you may not have access to these recorder ICs: www.nuvoton.com, search for the ISD audio recorder parts. E

5. kazezx

Jun 15, 2016
    ISD2115 ? will it produce 10 messages under proper configurations? How do i record on that chip ?

6. kazezx

Jun 15, 2016
  7. AlbertHall

Jun 4, 2014
    Read section 1 of the datasheet in that link.

8. kazezx

Jun 15, 2016
    Unfortunately the ISD is not available and i was asked to swap the vocal output with a sound....i know the difficulty decreases as i have seen a lot of electronic toy organ circuits based on 555 timer circuit but i would like to change the sound pitch into something more bass like :D. Any idea how to change that since the organ circuit seems too basic.
    In fact, i want it to be more like a musical instrument with a bass like effect unlike a high pitched output as the organ that i can keep at home after my project evaluation :) . Moreover can i add my posted LM386 Amplifier circuit in that music circuit ?

Recommended Budget is less than 30$

9. AlbertHall

Jun 4, 2014
  10. kazezx

Jun 15, 2016
    a bit too much if i implemented a microcontroller :oops:
    if i changed the frequency will that affect the pitch?
    PS : A 555 timer is required in the circuit

11. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
  12. kazezx

Jun 15, 2016