One Digit Talking Pad

kazezx

Joined Jun 15, 2016
Hello People,
I currently obtained a mini-project for my vacation which whereby i am required to create a talking pad with buttons ranging from 0 to 9 ( 10 entries ) .
I managed to create a loudspeaker using LM386 for the output part but i dont understand how to create the input/process parts since the project requires me to produce the respective vocal output for the numbers i.e Pressing 1 will output a voice saying "ONE".
Any idea how i am supposed to do that?
I searched online a found talking toys and so far i found the speakjet sound chip which unfortunately is not feasible for this project due to the limited budget.
Any alternatives ?

Thank You for your Time;

kazezx

Joined Jun 15, 2016
Unfortunately the ISD is not available and i was asked to swap the vocal output with a sound....i know the difficulty decreases as i have seen a lot of electronic toy organ circuits based on 555 timer circuit but i would like to change the sound pitch into something more bass like :D. Any idea how to change that since the organ circuit seems too basic.
In fact, i want it to be more like a musical instrument with a bass like effect unlike a high pitched output as the organ that i can keep at home after my project evaluation :) . Moreover can i add my posted LM386 Amplifier circuit in that music circuit ?

Recommended Budget is less than 30$

kazezx

Joined Jun 15, 2016
a bit too much if i implemented a microcontroller :oops:
if i changed the frequency will that affect the pitch?
PS : A 555 timer is required in the circuit