On/off to DC Motor wirelessly.

Bioyaple

Joined Jun 5, 2009
I just want to send a signal 6 to 10 inches wirelessly to turn on a DC Motor, for a set amount of time (fractions of a second). The Experience I have amounts to knowing that electricity exists and I bought a soldering iron and have burned myself with it.

Now what I have to start with is

A. Pic file Switch.jpg shows the switch on the Circuit board where the signal for the motor will hopefully come from. The Circuit board is powered by a 9v battery.

B. Pic file 100_3796 blurry but shows three contacts for the switch on the circuit board. When the Board is on, Between contact A and B my meter shows 3 V. when the switch is depressed that falls to 0 V.

C. pic file 100_3800 Shows the motor I hope to wirelessly turn on and off. It is run by six AA Batteries hooked up to a 9 volt connector.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bioyaple

Joined Jun 5, 2009
On the Circuit board that I want the Signal to come from to activate the DC Motor there is a solonoid. I was thinking to put an IR Emitter off the solonoid, when it activates, it will fire up the emitter when the switch is depressed, sending a signal to the reciever allowing the voltage through to the DC Motor.
When activated the solonoid puts out 1.4V and 320mA the emitter works between 1.3V and 1.7V but only 150 mA. Is it something I should worry about or can there be somthing done to lower that number.

Someone let me know if I'm all goofed up.

Bioyaple

Joined Jun 5, 2009
Found this circuit board schematic online. This is the Board I will be working off of. I want a DC motor in another piece of equipment to run every time the solenoid is used. So I figure that it if I hook up an IR emitter to the solenoid, the receiver will allow power to the DC Motor.

on pic (mainboard_mainboard1.jpg) A and B are the points I used My muilti meter to get values from.

By the way thank you for your help.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bioyaple

Joined Jun 5, 2009
For this little project I picked Infrared, because how it worked was simple and I could wrap my little mind around the concept.

However i would've preferred a RF transmitter. There are two seperate motors that I would like to run when the solonoid is activated.

I figured I could get the IR working and then I would take the next step with RF transmitter. Baby steps.