olympic games

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I wish I had a like and a informative or more buttons beyond my otherwise possible explicative's.

kv

Edit: Good job girl.
It took here a while to find the compass of her life - she originally worked on an Olympic appearance in figure skating. Tht failed so she persisted in her dream and found shooting.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
Well, I for one , can do very well without the Olympic show. It has gotten to be boring and i won't be watching any of it.
In my view it should go back to its roots. Single one on one competition such as wrestling,boxing, running etc. Team sports should not be in it at all. How ridiculous to have things like beach netball,golf, etc. Next time the want to include skate boarding. And why bother to check for drugs etc. Just let them take what they want and live with the consequences. Save everyone a lot of money trying to keep sport clean. Maybe the idea of a SUPER olympics isn't a bad idea. At least all the Russians could join in.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I watched that 1936 show and the movie about Jesse Owens last year. The Olympics have become a more visible version of the world fairs of yesteryear. The world fairs (Expo) still exist but they are an odd and really false version of each country with a "booth" (and the hosting country).

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
The world fairs (Expo) still exist but they are an odd and really false version of each country with a "booth" (and the hosting country).
Hasn't that always been the case? After all, you can't blame a country, individual or organization for trying to show its best possible face... just like a woman wearing makeup.

But of course that excuse is also used by countries with a terrible human rights record ... there's a difference between beautifying one's image, and wearing a mask that hides the monster beneath... North Korea comes to mind...