Old wurlitzer organ with noise problem [help me find a service manual?]

zombiepokla

Joined Mar 30, 2009
I have this old little solid state wurlitzer.. and the noise sounds like all the notes are being held down, pretty low volume in the background. I'd assume this is a pretty common problem with organs. The organ is a wurlitzer funmaker super sprite model 400 possibly. Not sure about the model number.. but I was curious if anyone could help me find a service manual/schematics.. or knows where i could look for one. Thanks

I overhauled one of those things, many years ago, and my back still aches at the memory of dragging a coffin-sized box made from 4" thick plywood up the stairs. There will always be a bit of background hum and a little feedthrough because of the explosion-in-a-spaghetti-factory wiring - earth loops a-plenty too, but that doesn't mean that excessive hum and feedthrough isn't a fault.

The specimen I worked on had many, many faults. As soon as I fixed one, another would manifest itself. I didn't have a manual (it was before the days of the interweb) so it was a great exercise in working blind. But I would have preferred a manual, frankly.

Vintage Vibe have a few manuals, and if you can't find the one you want it may be worthwhile asking on their message board. Trying all the usual search engines is always worth doing too, as there are a number of dedicated people out there doing their bit to keep this old kit alive.