old Sears Video Camera/Recorder

crecencio

Joined Jan 15, 2006
I bougth and old Sears Video Camera/Recorder for $10.00 and for my electronics practice repair. My actual problem is when i push the power switch i get to run the recorder for only one minute but after that the power switch light got off. In this shortly minute i can start play and i can see the picture in the view aye if i put a video camera in record mode. What is the troubleshooting i have and how can i resolve. Thanks

Tube Tech

Joined Jan 11, 2007
Those early days VCRs had a Dew Sensor. Shut things down if they sensed humidity. Had a tendency to get overly sensitive, sense dew in the Mojave desert in July.

Look for an indication on the panel or in the display, typically a blinking raindrop.

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
+1 on dew sensor add to that a bad battery or bad power jack connection. Try removing the battery and powering the unit from AC.

Don't know the company but that's a dew sensor.
http://www.smcelectronics.com/vcrele.htm

You might check around and find out how to disable the dew sensor. I was looking and saw that the sensor can be bad but also the circuitry that reads it can also cause it to look bad.

crecencio

Joined Jan 15, 2006
Those early days VCRs had a Dew Sensor. Shut things down if they sensed humidity. Had a tendency to get overly sensitive, sense dew in the Mojave desert in July.

Look for an indication on the panel or in the display, typically a blinking raindrop.
Thanks for your answer., i am going to replece the sensor., i will in contact with you.:)

crecencio

Joined Jan 15, 2006
+1 on dew sensor add to that a bad battery or bad power jack connection. Try removing the battery and powering the unit from AC.

Don't know the company but that's a dew sensor.
http://www.smcelectronics.com/vcrele.htm

You might check around and find out how to disable the dew sensor. I was looking and saw that the sensor can be bad but also the circuitry that reads it can also cause it to look bad.
I went and found in the smcelectronics.com that the Zenith sensor is same like mine and i try to replace it and my question is after i cheked the sensor with my digital multimeter it readed normal but it is posible that the Sensor give a good read but have some seek illness.