Old schematic

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by DavidCP2010, Mar 18, 2015.

1. DavidCP2010

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 18, 2015
    I found this jewel while searching through some old paperwork that had been sitting in my closet for quite a long time. The date listed the back of the paper stated it was from March 13th 2011.
    Which is surprising because that is before I graduated high school. Talk about a flashback.

I'm not really sure what I was trying to do back then nor do I have any idea what it does. It's neat to look at though. I haven't even looked at a schematic since high school so it's rather vague to me.

Anybody have a guess as to what it was supposed to do?
  2. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    You, sir, must be very young! 2011 = old times?!?!?! :D

As regards the schematic --- Well, upon cursory consideration, it looks as if you've got a clock generator 'feeding' a chain of counters (in the upper left) --- Stage outputs to sequentially enable (apparent) analog multiplexers...? While it is suggestive of an electronic 'cross-bar' network, recurrent strobed selection wouldn't seem to apply...

Best regards
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  3. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    The top left is probably a 555 timer pulse generator followed by 5 stages of flip flops. Below them are 14 identical logic networks.

If the picture is clear enough to see how the lines are connected. May be it is possible to see what they are trying to do...

4. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Three NANDs (ANDS) to a NAND (AND?). In between there is an (analog) switch? Scanning is very bad.

Based on my experience, if you do not ecognize this, forget it. Maybe you discarded it and did something better, or more complete.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  5. wayneh

Sep 9, 2010
    It's not 2011 anymore?
  6. DavidCP2010

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Yeah I doubted it was good practice or even safe for that matter. Otherwise I would have written some notes a while back.