OLD programing help CPU HELP

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by Dorrance, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Dorrance

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 19, 2011
  2. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    It doesn´t really matter which cpu or motherboard you have. The more important thing is which operating system you´re running and the type of the touchscreen and how you have it connected.

3. Dorrance

Feb 19, 2011
    Sorry for such a late post I hope you are still available. I wanted to make sure I had the touch screen before I wrote. It is a Planar. I want to hook to the computer through a serial port. All I am really concerned with is the touch function and how to load drivers. I can do the video section on my own. (I think) lol the operating system is MS Doss and I really don’t know how to load drivers there is only one serial port, one video port, one mouse, and one keyboard hook up. That’s it. Any and all help will be appreciated

4. osx-addict

Feb 9, 2012
    If this system is not using Windoze of any sort and only MS-Dos, then you'll need to see if Planar has a set of MS-dos drivers for their touchscreen -- otherwise you're stuck unless you know how to write such drivers.. My hunch is that Planar won't have any drivers for any DOS systems anymore due to lack of demand, but I might be completely wrong!

5. Dorrance

Feb 19, 2011
    Ok ill have to look into that. Thanks everyone for all the info.