Old All-in-one clock IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Grubi, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Grubi

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Hi, I am a newbie in this forum and looking for datasheets and schematics for old All-in-one clock IC. I guess earliest was created like 1970 and one example can be Siemens SAY341 (I am not even sure if this is the right name...). But anyway - all kind of automotive or wake-up, radio clocks and using crystal generator or power network frequency as time base, driving Nixies, LEDs, LCDs or electro-mechanical clocks. Why do I look for these - well it is just interesting there were so many different modifications from different companies and countires that was manufactured, some of them good, some not. Some of them disappeared, some of them still available today.

I guess there could be some threads like this one published, but quick search does not help me much. Thanks in advance - any link, magazine name /number, document or even interesting story will be appreciated.

2. k7elp60

Nov 4, 2008
    One I have used recently is the NTE2061 it is the equivalent to the MM5316 made by National Semiconductor a long time ago. It requires an external 50 or 60HZ clock signal and it will drive florescent displays directly or if you want it to drive LED's I have used uln2004's If you would like more info let me know.

3. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    These ICs have never been sold on open market except very early in the US.
    They are largely obsolete now and no longer made.

I have built all sort of obscure clocks with PIC microcontrollers.

After all clocks as such are not that interesting anymore for me but I made maybe 20.

It is not that hard to find some data sheets with google, variating words having something to do with the application (integrated circuit clock for instance)

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/2000to2099/pdf/nte2062.pdf

But these ICs are no longer essential or seen as innovative.

4. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012

Here is the original Atmel and TI part for these old clocks.

They are found in all types of digital LED alarm clocks and clock radios for 1970/ to 1990s.

GE, Casio, Spartus...

Good luck

http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets/320/311062_DS.pdf

U2510b

5. k7elp60

Nov 4, 2008
    I guess the original poster got lost and never came back