OK to upload video clip converted to GIF?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by tjohnson, Feb 10, 2015.

1. tjohnson

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Last week, I created an album showing pictures of my small battery-powered hovercraft. Because the photos don't show a whole lot by themselves, I wanted to add a 30-second video clip.

When I click on the "Add Videos" button, I see a message saying "Click Upload Videos/Embed Videos to start." However, there is only a button to "Embed Videos," and I don't have an account on any of the video hosting sites listed in the popup.

I assume the ability to upload videos directly to AAC is reserved for only "Active Members" or "Fanatics" (members with hundreds or thousands of posts), because of the large amount of disk space they can consume. I was wondering, though, if it would be permissible for me to work around this limitation by converting the AVI video I want to upload to an animated GIF? Since the video clip has no sound, I'm pretty sure the GIF size would be less than the maximum allowed (14.6 MB).
  2. takao21203

Distinguished Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Convert to FLV (Freemake), save to OneDrive, make a blog or webpage with stills + download links.
    and maybe a GIF with a few stills.