ok anime

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lightfire, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Lightfire

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    ok .

pls help me.

for example i purchased a dvd copy of a specific anime..($9.95) and i stream it on the internet . is that ok? or do i need a written consent/ franchise?:)

many thnx!!!

2. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Copyright laws are different all over the world but my guess you are in violation of the law. If anything you are breaking a moral code by stealing someone else's work (unless you have written permission from them to copy their work).

Would you want to work hard all day then have your boss pay someone else for your work?

3. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Your in the phillipines I wouldn't worry about it. If your streaming it to the general public then you might get a cease letter. If your streaming it to your friends then I wouldn't worry about it. Your legally allowed to copy, or stream content to yourself you already own.

4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    For instance we used to copy NASCAR races and NFL games dating back to the 80's. We had 1000's of tapes. According the NFL and NASCAR you can't duplicate or reshow their content. So we couldn't sell them online. But turned out 100's of people were already selling them on DVD. No one chose to enforce it though so you could even buy em on ebay.

5. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    Wrong Wrong Wrong. The OP might not get caught that is correct but it is still wrong to copy someone else's work. Making a bootleg copy for yourself is bad enough but placing it out on the internet were other's can down load it is way over the limit.

Sparky49 likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    It starts out small...you make a backup of your computer's C: drive...
    and before you realize what you're doing, you've made a "daily use" copy of a game disk that insists on being in the DVD drive or it won't play the game.
    After a while, you copy your old vinyl records on a CD. Then you want to play them on your Walkperson and you put the MP3's in a thumb drive...

It's insidious!

7. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    ok ok. how can a tv broadcast animes?? i can't find.....

8. hwy101

May 23, 2009
    Read this article

9. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    ok..

so i read it. and found out..

so do i need franchise??

ah i don't read.....

so some fansub are ok and some is prohibited.

10. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    the question now is how do i license doraemon? :D

11. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    You need to contact the artist. At that price, chances are, the art is in what is called "public domain". Meaning it can be copied or used anyway you want. But unless there is a written policy that came with the CD you can't be sure.

Check the CD it may have a copyright policy. If it does not then there is a good chance you bought a pirated copy. If so you are only adding to the problem.

12. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Don't compare the distribution laws from the '80s to the modern ones. Distribution companies have gotten waaaay more serious these days.

In general, you are not allowed to re-broadcast anything without the written permission of the rights owner.

In most cases you are allowed to make a copy for personal use. I repeat, in most cases.

You are not allowed to broadcast in public copyrighted material. Depending on the rights owner, you might not be allowed to publish even snippets of that media.

Broadcasting to friends for non-profit purposes in a non-public link might be illegal (in the way that the rights owner stated his rights), but might not be prosecutable.

Television channels purchase the rights to broadcast material, in a legal and formal manner. These rights are not cheap. I imagine a range of thousands of dollars per season, though I might be out of range. I bet you can't afford it anyway.

The laws vary from country to country, but since most internet broadcasting media are based in the US, they will probably have to close your account if ordered.

13. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    He never claimed he was releasing it to the general public.

14. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Try hundreds of millions if not billions.

15. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Rule of thumb about copywrite law is if you can't legally buy it in your home country your ok to copy it and sell it. Thats why all the top knotch bootlegs come from small asian countries. I know this because I've researched doing it with the games and races and having them replicated in asia. Replicators in the US want licenses to all music and stock footage. This may have changed in the last 7 years but time was Malaysia was the place of choice to replicate.

16. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    He wants to stream it on the internet. What do you call that? Sure he could have a site to which only he has access but why bother?

17. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    You have some strange notions on copying other people's hard work. Maybe your boss should pay someone else for all of the work you do?

18. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    How do you think he gets a paycheck? LOL Hell at one point 5 people were pulling paychecks off my work alone. I'm just stating what the law is guys. As far as your other questions he may want to stream it to himself, he may want to start an anime club, he may want to show it family members without access to these movies. As I said having already gone over this with a lawyer, if the movie or item is not for sale and is not available in that country, they were legally allowed to make it themselves. I've done tons of DVD replication and have gotten dozens of the last minute calls and had to fax all my licensing to everything I had from music, to stock effects.