OhmArt electronics humour

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
My 4-year-old daughter likes this one; she thinks she's the little pink transistor and her older brother is the blue transistor! :)

Attachments

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
@Trans-former - yes indeed! A spy = trans-plant. A hand = trans-mitt.

I tell you, there's enough there to get my graphic pens busy for a while :)

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
@Joe - I reckon! There are about 220 ideas queued up so far. I was thinking of making a colour book of them for sale later in the year - might be a bit of fun :)

Attachments

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
This design actually won a 'Today's Best' award on the T-shirt site, which I was very surprised at. I didn't think it was THAT funny. :confused:

Attachments

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
That was was "Θερμοπύλαι" (Thermopylae). Θερμοπύλες (Thermopyles, with s pronounced) in modern Greek. It means hot gates, due to the proximity to sulfur hot springs.
Pretty close, though.

I 'm not sure I like my country being famous thanks to Frank Miller's "film"...

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The Spartans were a force multiplier. The Persian King had all his dead soldiers buried so the remaining force wouldn't be demoralized.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Fun fact: The Thermopylae passage was a seaside line of land just next to the mountain complex of Parnassus. Nowadays it is 2km wide, due to aggradation. Spartans couldn't have defended it if the battle were held in our times.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Spartans couldn't have defended it if the battle were held in our times.
I don't know. If the Spartans were in "our time" they would have access to the weapons of war in "our time." In such case, I think Thermopylae pass would be defended as well today. There were five major battles at Thermopylae from the Spartan battle to WWII.