OhmArt electronics humour

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
Hi folks, this is an off-topic thread where I'll post electronics cartoons I've done over the years (and are still doing!)

<SNIP>

Otherwise, please enjoy the cartoons! I hope you have as much fun reading them as I did creating them.

Barney

Introducing 001: The One Volt Drop :)
p.s. in the coming pix you'll see a lot of blue and pink transistors in TO92 format, and some ICs as well...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
This one is still one of my favourites after many years... a DS18B20 digital temp sensor cooly analysing the bi-polar's comments...

"My mother was a cheap octal valve..." :)

Attachments

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
cheers! Some of the humour is just so dead-pan, only true electronics folk would really enjoy it :)

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
Some say it should be female vs male, but let's not get into that here! All of the binary-heads will be able to translate what the IC is saying ;)

Attachments

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
A colleague years ago described active versus passive components to me in terms of he and his wife. Cheeky! He said she was always actively at him, and cleaning the house, while he was passively trying to watch TV while she vacuumed.

They're still married, but she has him doing the cleaning now LOL

Attachments

nbw

Joined May 8, 2011
An electronic version of the classic line-up - the ubiquitous TO-92 and TO-220 are in there, a TO-3 to mix things up further...

Attachments

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Some say it should be female vs male, but let's not get into that here! All of the binary-heads will be able to translate what the IC is saying ;)
Hahaha, what he's saying is definitely the best part :D

@georacer, you don't know what a police lineup us?

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I know the police line-up, I don't get the suspect package pun. What does a suspicious-looking ticking package has to do with a line up?

Is the line of reasoning like this?
Suspect package
...../.........\......
Line-up....Transistor packages

Kinda forced IMO.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
It is two jokes in one.

Ever look at a PCB and see a chip with the identifiers sanded off, or markings that just make no sense, or you cannot find a datasheet on?

OR a custom in-house package?

Then there is the criminal "bomb-scare" of a suspect package.

At least thats what I got out of it.

When I worked at the airport here in Baltimore (BWI) we had a few "suspect packages"

9 times out of ten it was a female "massager" that inadvertently got turned on during transport. So when a loader grabbed a piece of humming/vibrating luggage, it was cause for alarm.

The x-ray truck came out, and the squad carried the bag to the x-rax truck just to find the "massager" ;)

Happens more often than you would think.

Moral of the story: take the batteries out of your massager. You will not be using it while in flight, while it is tucked into the belly of a plane.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I got that it was suspect package as it was lined up as a police suspect, and then it was a different kind of package, as well as being suspect because it was ticking...
It was a play on words.