odd personal ?

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
1)
How many times does the average person move (i.e how many places does a typical person live in and how far does the average person travel )

2)
What is the percentage of people that live happier alone then with somebody?
(for example would most people want to live with a friend or a family member then live alone or visa-versa. how about a complete stranger or close to it or marry somebody just because of loneliness..etc )

What I am getting at is some times it sucks to be alone.
But then living with people sucks some times as well. What's your choices ?

3) What is your opinion of weather somebody can find happiness or not ?
What I am getting at is it always possible or does some people never find happiness or what they want.
Is it possible that a person can never figure out what they want because of depression.

Last edited:

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
1)
How many times does the average person move (i.e how many places does a typical person live in and how far does the average person travel )

2)
What is the percentage of people that live happier alone then with somebody?
(for example would most people want to live with a friend or a family member then live alone or visa-versa. how about a complete stranger or close to it or marry somebody just because of loneliness..etc )

What I am getting at is some times it sucks to be alone.
But then living with people sucks some times as well. What's your choices ?

What I am getting at is it always possible or does some people never find happiness or what they want.
Is it possible that a person can never figure out what they want because of depression.
2) No idea. Living alone sucks more than it sucks when living with somebody, especially if you like that somebody... And the other way around, if you don't like him/her (anymore)

3) First determine what you want. Then do it. You may not be satisfied even if you reached your goal though. Continue looking for new challenges. Happiness isn't a constant state, it comes and goes.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
2) No idea. Living alone sucks more than it sucks when living with somebody, especially if you like that somebody... And the other way around, if you don't like him/her (anymore)

3) First determine what you want. Then do it. You may not be satisfied even if you reached your goal though. Continue looking for new challenges. Happiness isn't a constant state, it comes and goes.
So does that mean you would rather stay with some person that you don't like (i.e argueing ...etc ) over having your spaces ?

Also for question 3 what happens if one cann't determine what they truely want ? Or how would one go about that with out first giving a test try to everything ?

Last edited:

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
So does that mean you would rather stay with some person that you don't like (i.e argueing ...etc ) over having your spaces ?
No way!

Also for question 3 what happens if one cann't determine what they truely want ? Or how would one go about that with out first giving a test try to everything ?
Well, if you don't know what you want it becomes difficult. There must be something you want . Go after it even if it seems too difficult at first.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
What happens if a person cann't find anything they want.
Or they want what they can never have?
Or there mind keeps changing because of there phobia's/fears

Then what

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Declaration of Independence (a core US document for non-USA members) says you are allowed to pursue happiness, not that you will find it. That part, as always, is up to you.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
But I believe it is true that some people gentically or other means can never achieve happiness... look at the depressed people.

Also
Then they will let the current of collective expectations carry them and sink into mediocrity.
And if you achieve everything you wanted to / (or your believe of everything you wanted to)
Then maybe you will reach a level of content and that particular mediocrity will make you happy.
For example finding a women that you love and they love you back the same way, as well as enjoying the same things in life

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Uh, but most depressions have a chemical cause, one way or another. It is a medical issue that can often be addressed.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Happiness is where you MAKE it.

You can google for "zen + happiness" if you like.

Life is erratic, it has good times and bad times, good events and bad events. Imagine playing a board game, some rolls of the dice you get a good result and some rolls you get screwed.

But it's entirely up to YOU whether you enjoy playing the game or not. :) Or if you only want to enjoy those times you get a good roll. Or never enjoy anything because you got a bad roll once.

I choose to enjoy the game, of all the possible choices the others are by far in second place.

And if you can meet someone who can have a laugh when things rolled bad, keep an eye on them, that's the sort of person to spend your life with.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
As far as moving I typically move every 3-5 years. As far as distance usually within the town unless like Brownout I get a contract to go somewhere then I usually go. I love to travel and get stir crazy if I'm in the same place too long.

As for being single or a roomie. I prefer living single over roommates, roommates suck. I don't live with anyone I'm not sleeping with. Thats pretty much my rule. Now if I'm out of town on contract and trying to skimp money as much as possible I'll rent a room preferably from an older 40-60 year old male or female of any age.

Happyness is all in the eye of the beholder. I lived a long time with too high of standards and missed out on a lot of really good wife candidates. Now hitting my mid 30's and still not being married the future certainly looks bleak. Most women you meet in my age bracket are either super conservative saving theirselves for Mr. Right which doesn't exist or you goto the bar and meet em. At mid 30's all the women seem to be alcoholic chickenheads that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole and loosewire pushing. Last girl I was serious about and wasn't a total freak, just bugged out on me. I went out with her once and it was a nice night but didn't lead anywhere. Later I found out she was acutally prostituting herself out to these old 60 year old guys to pay her bills or whatever. Then a very close friend that should of been but just never connected passed away so since then I've just been not interested. I still have hope though. Theres gotta be a decent women with morals left thats not hitched.

Do people live their whole lives and never find their soul mate or purpose. Of coarse, all the time. I'd even say more people never find what their looking for then people that do. I know way too many married people who live a sharade. Their married and have kids but really don't even know each other.