Odd behavior with mikroC Pro For PIC

mikejp56

Joined Jun 14, 2015
Hi All,
I am very green with PICs, but not with electronics and PCs. I am experiencing an odd behavior with mikroC Pro for PICS. I have a program that I have compiled, and successfully loaded the hex file to the PIC, a 12F683. I loaded the file in mikroC Pro to fiddle some bits, and after saving the modified code, the only option that is enabled in the Build dropdown is Stop Build All. I select this but it always stays as the only available option. I can shut down mikroC Pro and reopen it, but it doesn't change. This prevents me from building new hex files.
What is going on here? I have attached a screenshot.
Regards,
mikejp56

EDIT: So as an experiment I created a new project, and now I have the Build options available in the Build dropdown.
Why does creating a new project now allow me to rebuild old modified projects?
Any answers would be greatly appreciated!
mikejp56

Attachments

mikejp56

Joined Jun 14, 2015
Hi ErnieM,
So do I just delete the project and redo it? Is there a setting to make it less likely to happen?
Thanks for the quick response.
mikejp56

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hi Mike Pollack

I think you should delete the files generated when compiling code.
Extensions of those files I've noticed that I have to delete are:
*.CFG
*.CP
*.DCT
*.MCL
*.LST
*.LOG
*.mcppi_callertable.txt
*.DIC
*.DBG
*.DLT
*.BRK
*.INI

You can also modify your code, for example by adding a blank line anywhere in the code.
The compiler will think that this is another code. I've done it so well.

If the project is corrupted, you can copy the code in a text editor.
Then rebuild the project pasting the code.

I hope this information helps.

Last edited:

mikejp56

Joined Jun 14, 2015
Hi MrCarlos,
Thanks for the info. That is what I have done on several occasions. But why does this happen?
Regards,
mikejp56

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hi Mike Pollack
I think after ordering Build the MicroC keeps a record. and does not do again but it did.
In some of the files we erase.
Therefore in the menu Build the Build option is disabled.
This option is also disabled while it is compiling. Give him time to finish compiling.

mikejp56

Joined Jun 14, 2015
Hi Mike Pollack
I think after ordering Build the MicroC keeps a record. and does not do again but it did.
In some of the files we erase.
Therefore in the menu Build the Build option is disabled.
This option is also disabled while it is compiling. Give him time to finish compiling.
Hi MrCarlos,
OK, thanks again for the answer!
Regards,
mikejp56

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I've only had a project file go bad on rare occasions so I've never been able to track down WHY it happens.

I just curce a bit, shrug, and rebuild the project file starting from the wizzard.

Note I just use the same code files as they are, just load them into a new project.