Object Counter Project...help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by moayad, Nov 12, 2010.

1. moayad

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 12, 2010
    hello every one,,,

I just want to help me to find the layout for this circuit shown below because all connections between the elements are not appear.

thanks,,,:)

[​IMG]

2. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    moayad likes this.
  3. moayad

Nov 12, 2010
  4. PRS

Aug 24, 2008
    Am I understanding this correctly? The dark green blocks represent objects going by on a conveyor belt? The orange block is an IR photo diode and the purple block is an IR photo-transistor and is used to detect the objects due to light blockage of the object? The dark aqua block counts pulses and drives the LCD accordingly. Is this correct?

5. moayad

Nov 12, 2010
    yes,correct

It's an object counter using microcontroller

but I need to the layout for this project,because I want to make it and give it to my college.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  6. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    If someone just hands you a finished project to build, you won't learn very much.

The whole point of going to school is learning things by doing them, and proving that you can accomplish what you set out to do.

If you cannot complete the project on your own, you really need to start studying instead of trying to take "shortcuts".

moayad likes this.
  7. moayad

Nov 12, 2010
    Thank you mr.SgtWookie

I hope to help me to start it,because I never worked with the microcontroller befor.

thanks

8. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    We will help you find the 'right' information to read and study, but in the end it is up to YOU to apply that knowledge and create the specific circuit you need.

Examples of how to build a circuit that will condition or somehow change a signal into another form. Design examples from other circuits that are similar in function and construction to the one you are building.

Start by breaking down the 'blocks' you have above into separate projects of their own. List what you can't understand and draw the portions of the circuit that you are able to. Do this for each section. You might find that you can actually build about 50% or more of it right now. :)

Then pick a starting point and dig in. We'll be here for hints and direction. Do you want to learn, or cheat?

moayad likes this.
  9. PRS

Aug 24, 2008
    You need to be familiar with microcontroller programming and interfacing, and with your specified micro-controller in particular, moayad. If you're not, you might consider taking a course.

The input of the circuit is very simple. Just a photodiode and a phototransistor pointing at each other across the conveyor belt. The program is simply to count the pulses. The output requires you to be familiar with your display device and send it the appropriate signals.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
    moayad likes this.