O-scope External Input trigger used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
Why on earth would you say something like this? The OP is just trying to learn something. If you don't feel like trying to explain it, then don't respond!
It seems that I prematurely got onto Mr. Chips... he called it first. Sorry about that Mr. Chips.

Now where is that ignore button so I don't waste my time again... oh, there it is!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It seems that I prematurely got onto Mr. Chips... he called it first. Sorry about that Mr. Chips.

Now where is that ignore button so I don't waste my time again... oh, there it is!

Mr. Chips knows how to sniff them out. :) But your video did not go to fwaste. While I knew the purpose of external triggers the video gave it a lot more clarity for me and I am sure others. Thank you.

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
Tindel

What can I use as a trigger source or signal for the external trigger on the O-scope , when testing digital logic circuits?

Trigger signals:
1.) Reset signal, put the external trigger on the reset signal buss
2.) Clock Signal, put the external trigger on the clock signal buss
3.) AC Line Frequency, put the external trigger on the AC main line, to sync up the AC line frequency with the waveforms on channels on the O-scope
4.) Video Horizontal or vertical signal, to sync up the waveforms you want to view/monitor on channels on the O-scope
5.) Comparators outputs, when the comparator switches logic states on the output pin, this can be your trigger to monitor that event or stage of the circuits
6.) Analog or Digital On/off switch, when you press or switch an analog switch to turn on or off a function in a circuit, this can be your trigger signal

7.) What can you guys add please?

Status
Not open for further replies.