nte199

lokeycmos

Joined Apr 3, 2009
i could be wrong or misleaded. but, nte199 is a generic part number. is there equivalents such as 2nxxxx or mpsaXX or BCxxx? please correct me if im wrong.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
My theory is that since NTE makes each of their components replace multiple OEM components, eventually NTE will have ONE component that will replace everything!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
NTE's component cross reference search only goes one way, from other manufacturer's part numbers to NTE part numbers. This way you get "locked in" to NTE parts, which are usually considerably more expensive than the original manufacturer's parts.
If you enter various part numbers into the NTE cross reference search engine:
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm
it will suggest an NTE part that has similar specifications (if it exists).

Entering BC547C, BC548C, BC549C, or BC550C will suggest NTE199.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
NTE's component cross reference search only goes one way, from other manufacturer's part numbers to NTE part numbers. This way you get "locked in" to NTE parts, which are usually considerably more expensive than the original manufacturer's parts.
If you enter various part numbers into the NTE cross reference search engine:
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm
it will suggest an NTE part that has similar specifications (if it exists).

Entering BC547C, BC548C, BC549C, or BC550C will suggest NTE199.
I started out by entering:
2N1, search. No hits on NTE199.
2N2, search. No hits on NTE199.
2N8, search. Got a hit on 2N841, which is obsolete.
2N9, search. No hits on NTE199.

Then I started on the BC's: BC1, BC2, etc. When I got to BC5, I got the hits mentioned.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I don't think NTE makes anything. I think they buy ordinary transistors made by semiconductor manufactures and stamp their own number on them then raise the price a lot.
The NTE199 has specs and a pinout like some Japanese transistors. Its pinout is different to European BCxxxx transistors.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I don't think NTE makes anything. I think they buy ordinary transistors made by semiconductor manufactures and stamp their own number on them then raise the price a lot.
The NTE199 has specs and a pinout like some Japanese transistors. Its pinout is different to European BCxxxx transistors.
I think you're correct. And I intended to mention the pinout differences, but forgot. I'm glad you mentioned it.