not sure what to do 3 settings from one pta switch for cooling fan

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by naf1, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naf1

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 7, 2015
    hi all new here this is bugging me iv had a look on the internet and i cant really find any thing that suits me its for my car and i take it to track days so i have a additional fan to run when the car is at hotter then normal temperatures the car already has one fan that runs off the sensor but i want the additional fan to run manually from a switch that i can control but the thing is where i could just get a 3 pole switch bolt it to the dash and it work i want it to look as oem as possible and not stick out so i wanted to mount the switch on one of the standard blanks on the dash board but this give me limited size for the switch so i thort a small push to activate switch would fit perfectly on here but that would only give me one setting so i thort if it could go to a relay or small circuit board from pressing the button i could change the setting and it change from off to slow to fast iv kind of drawn a diagram on paint of what im trying to explain but im not that clued up with making circuits from scratch so thort my best bet would be to ask on here for some expert advise [​IMG] hope this explains what im after looking forward to hearing from you

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
    6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
    • Automotive modifications
    • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
    • LEDs to mains
    • Phone jammers
    • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
    • Transformer-less power supplies
    This comes from our Tos:
    Terms of Service
    There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
    Member selected automotive forums

Bertus