NOR gate

jaleela

Joined Apr 15, 2013
lol haha he is definitely a better artist. Okay i just want to remove it so that all the pulses are the same and a missing pulse detector can detect that there is a missing pulse, actually i got the pulses from some code my teacher gave me to work on. i have been trying to get it working for weeks until i found thus website.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Do you need your circuit to remove the pulse so that a separate missing pulse detector circuit can detect it, or would it be sufficient to simply detect it outright in your circuit?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What frequency is the main sinewave at?

I'm not trying to dodge the question. I just don't know enough about your needs and situation to know if I have a workable solution in mind or not. So I'm trying to tease out of you the specific details I need to take my ponderings to the next stage.

jaleela

Joined Apr 15, 2013
I really appreciate that you are trying to help and thank you very much for that, the bandwidth is about 200MHz with timebase 500us this is for about 12volts supply voltage.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm not following. The signal has a bandwidth of 200MHz? Or the scope? Is the timebase the timebase of the scope in time/div? How many divisions? Ten?

If so, then it looks like the period of the sinewave is a bit more than 600μs or a bit slower than 2kHz. That's slow enough that a lot of options are on the table, including a programmable logic approach.

How repeatable is the waveform? Will it ALWAYS exhibit a discernable overshoot both before and after the event?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
No. A NOR gate does not work with bi-polar analog signals. It works with logic signals where only two signal levels have any meaning. Just as you cannot mix apples and oranges you cannot mix analog and digital parts when it comes to signal processing. Does anybody look at fundamental definitions any more ?!!?

jaleela

Joined Apr 15, 2013
Yes a bandwidth of 200MHz also 500u sec/div. it will always exhibit a discrenable overshoot at both before and after both, i thought of a program also maybe VHDL but i am not really good with program.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
i got the pulses from some code my teacher gave me to work on.
What kind of code?

How is it making it from the code to the picture you posted? Is it running in some platform that is producing an analog signal and then it was captured on a scope?

Could you post the code so that we can play with it a little bit?