NOR gate

jaleela

Joined Apr 15, 2013
Hello guys, Please i have a question on NOR Gate inverters. Anyone has a n idea on how they can be implemented in real life? as in a real circuit that would act as a NOR gate.

jaleela

Joined Apr 15, 2013
I'm saying would a NOR gate be able to change the weird pulse into zero?? or make the others zero and the weird one a "1"??

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
No... if anything, you'd need a filter to filter out any additional frequencies beyond the fundamental sine wave in the rest of the screenshot...

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Did you take that screenshot? You should know what you are looking at...it looks like another signal is being added to it at that point

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
How the hell are WE supposed to be able to tell YOU want it is!?!?! :rolleyes:

And you are trying to do.... what? Get rid of the abnormal signal? Get only the abnormal signal?
I think he may be wanting something like a missing cycle detector, based on this from post #8:
I'm trying to see if i can change it to a missing pulse instead of the weird shape.
See the attachment.
Jaleela, is this the area where you want to develop a pulse? If so, you can detect the increase in time between zero crossings, or possibly with a phaselocked loop and some logic.
What generates this waveform?

Attachments

Last edited:

jaleela

Joined Apr 15, 2013
Thank you all for the replies i think i kinda confused you, i am trying to make that certain pulse go missing instead of adjusting it dat was why i thought of a NOR gate?

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Thank you all for the replies i think i kinda confused you, i am trying to make that certain pulse go missing instead of adjusting it dat was why i thought of a NOR gate?
I wasn't suggesting that you wanted to adjust the waveform. I was illustrating that a cycle of the waveform looks like it is missing. I thought maybe you were trying to create a pulse at the location of the missing cycle.
I have no idea why you think a NOR gate will do what you want, but then we still don't know what you want.
Why don't you take your original waveform photo, and add (with something like Microsoft Paint) the waveform that you hope to get from the output of your NOR gate?