Noobie simple switch circuit diagram question

AlexFlex

Joined Jun 15, 2011
Hi!

I would really appreciate some advice on a simple circuit I am trying to build.

In essence it is for an EL-wire project. I have the power inverter and the strips, but what I would like to build is a process which i can switch between which light is illuminated at any one time.

The best way to describe what I am trying to design is as follows:

1) The primary EL Wire. This will always be illuminated, UNLESS one of the following buttons is pressed:

2) Button 1 pressed, second EL wire illuminates and primary EL Wire is deactivated for the duration of the press (using I assume push to break buttons). As soon as the button is released wire 2 deactivates and it returns to the default state which is primary EL Wire illuminated.

3) Button 2 pressed, third EL wire illuminates and primary EL Wire is deactivated for the duration of the press (using I assume push to break buttons). As soon as the button is released wire 3 deactivates and it returns to the default state which is primary EL Wire illuminated.

43) Button 3 pressed, fourth EL wire illuminates and primary EL Wire is deactivated for the duration of the press (using I assume push to break buttons). As soon as the button is released wire 4 deactivates and it returns to the default state which is primary EL Wire illuminated.

I have spent the morning and afternoon searching and have drawn countless diagrams and have only confused myself!! I am perfectly adept at soldering, I just have little experience with building circuits. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)