Noise reduction Circuit

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Siyom, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Siyom

Thread Starter Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I'm designing a ciruit that needs a stable reference voltage hence i need to cancell out any noise,i was thinking of using analogue Differential Amplifiers but am not sure if that will achieve the voltage stability that i need,its for a DC voltage.
    thanks in advance

2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    A differential amplifier does not cancel noise.
    A simple capacitor acting like a lowpass filter reduces noise.

3. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Depends on what you mean by stable reference voltage and noise.

It would help if you told us your application.

There are literally thousands of 3-terminal devices available such as LM385, LM4040.
    Also look at LM399 which is a temperature stabilized precision voltage reference.

4. Siyom

Thread Starter Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I need the voltage reference for Dual slope integrator,So basically this design is for a digital multimeter and hence i need as minimal noise as possible around the circuit,i was hping people could suggest a the best noise cancelling ciruit out there

5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    IMHO, the term "canceling" implies an active application of an opposing signal. I think noise elimination is more what you're after?

#12 likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Why use a sophistocated, high speed, expensive, complicated, noise cancelling circuit when a 10 cent capacitor could do the job?

7. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Maybe you are asking the wrong question. There is noise in every circuit, not just the voltage reference.

So maybe the question ought to be:

"How do I build a dual-slope analog-to-digital converter with an input range of 0-X Volts and resolution of Y Volts" - where you specify X Volts and Y Volts.

8. Siyom

Thread Starter Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Refernce voltage is 9 Volts,Resolution of 10 bits

9. Siyom

Thread Starter Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I need a negative reference voltage hence DC to DC converters produce noisy signal thats why i need noise elimination

10. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    Dc-DC converters produce EMI (electrmagnetic interference) which is not what is typically called "noise", although it does induce noise into other circuits. Eliminating, containing and shielding EMI is a whole different science.