No vacation before starting a new job

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by EngIntoHW, Sep 28, 2010.

1. EngIntoHW

Thread Starter Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Hi,

I'm about to start a new job.
    There's one week left for me to give my current company, as part of the notice period, before I can start my new job (at a different company of course).

I made a mistake, which was to set my first day in the new company right after the notice period is over (the day after it's over, I'll start working for the new company).

It's so hard to keep working for the current company, as I'm given many tasks, and I'm afraid that I'll be mentally exhausted on my first day at the new job.

I don't know how to make myself feel better and less fraustrated with my current job, and be happier towards the new position I'm about to fill.

I'd love to hear your advices.

Thank you.

2. Markd77

Sep 7, 2009
    Just take it easy the last week. What are they going to do, fire you?
    :)

3. EngIntoHW

Thread Starter Member

Apr 24, 2010
    hahahahaha

You're so right :)

However, don't you think that it's important to end it up nicely as you might need their recommendations in the future?

BTW
    How would you suggest to take it easy? (I'm really not familiar with such methods).

4. Nanophotonics

Apr 2, 2009
    Always leave a job nicely and keep a good relationship with previous employers. Congratulation on your new job!

5. EngIntoHW

Thread Starter Member

Apr 24, 2010
    You're right.

It's just that one of the reasons for which I decided to leave was the manager's ugly behavior.

So it's hard to keep trying to satisfy him with your work.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  6. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Yoga.
    Beer.
    Women.
    Sleep.

Works for me.