No clue how - modifying birthday card

Sasasaam

Joined Apr 18, 2014
Hi Guys,

So essentially I have NO CLUE how any of this stuff works. I have some programming knowledge but that's about it.

I'm actually trying to modify a recordable birthday card to get rid of the message before it starts recording. As of right now, when you first open the card, it says "press and hold button to record your message." Then when you hold the button it says "record your message after the beep." If you continue to hold and say something, when you let go, anything recorded after that can be replayed by closing and opening the card, or pressing the button quickly.

For reasons that it doesn't make sense for me to go into right now, I really need to get rid of the first two messages when the card records. I would ideally like it to just be the card opens and if you hold the button it records and if you just press the button it plays.

I'm including a picture of the circuit board and wiring. If anyone knows EITHER how to modify this board so that it does what I need (like cutting connections to the other recorded messages), or build a circuit board that I could swap out for this one without removing the other physical components of the mechanics (like the speaker and battery etc.)

Thanks!!!

Attachments

Sasasaam

Joined Apr 18, 2014
Here's a picture of the record button from the outside. It's also attached via the two wires coming from the spots labeled "rec" on the inside.

Attachments

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Modifying it is unlikely. Under one of those blobs is a microprocessor (almost certainly not reprogrammable), the other could be a memory chip, or maybe it's just the audio amplifier.