no clock input but counter still at '1' state :(

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Xufyan, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Xufyan

Thread Starter Member

Aug 3, 2010
    please see this circuit , in multsim when i am not applying clock input to the first flip flop the counter state is '000' however when i've designed this circuit on bread board and didn't apply a clock the circuit state is '111'

why is this happening :(

[​IMG]

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
  3. Xufyan

Thread Starter Member

Aug 3, 2010
    please read that thread too, both are the different issues, in the previous thread i asked why the counter is counting down and in this thread the issue is different , the circuit is counting down in multisim but not working on bread board properly.

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Same circuit, should be same thread. The moderators will decide.

I didn't study the schematic with precision, but anytime you deal with a similar circuit you should post in the original thread instead of splattering the board. I answered your other thread, I'll take any other problems there too.

5. tom66

May 9, 2009
    Are you using bulbs or LEDs on your breadboard?

6. Xufyan

Thread Starter Member

Aug 3, 2010
    I am using RED LEDs

7. tom66

May 9, 2009
    And are you using resistors? If so, which value?

Could you post an image of your breadboard?

8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Are you even getting a clock to chips? Eliminate your input and simplify it down do a simple clock.

I have drawn up a complete solution to your 4 switch problem in the other thread (referenced to post #2 here).

If your input circuit is not working then why would the rest work? This is why I tried to get you to put the threads together, your problems are related.