Nissan Altima ECM swap

TylerAchenbach

Joined Sep 5, 2016
The files that you have attached are the printouts that I used to repin the 2003 harness to the 2006 ecm connector. I just got home from with I'm about to head over to the shop to pull the codes and double check that I have power on 111

jasone

Joined Nov 2, 2015
I figured you had them. Its hard to jump into someone else shoes or project without a lot of information about what's going on in front of you.

TylerAchenbach

Joined Sep 5, 2016
Okay if I check the voltage I have 5 on pin 109 which is supposed to have 12 if I go to the plug that comes out of the dash harness E59 pin 20 I have 12 volts. Where is the rest of the voltage going.....

jasone

Joined Nov 2, 2015
Do you have 5v on the red wire pin 1 of the electronic throttle it should go to ECM pin 47. the black wire at ETC should be ground and go to ECM 66. the white wire should have 0.5- 5V depending on TPS position. the other red pin2 should do the opposite of the white and go from 4.5V down to about .5V as throttle is opened.

With the key off measure the resistance of the data link connectors between pin 6 and pin 14 it should be 60ohms. I noticed you could not communicate with the ABS module if you unplug the ECM can you get codes out of the ABS module?

Some of your DTCs may be false from messing around with stuff. I would clear them and see what comes back after a few start attempts.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My limited experience: I was having a problem with my Chrysler minivan that I thought was the ECM. It ultimately turned out to be a corroded harness wire. It showed a decent voltage using just my multimeter but when I placed a load in parallel (a tail light, I think), the voltage dropped. Then I traced it and found the corroded section.

Before I had that final diagnosis I bought a replacement ECM. The supplier needed various information (mileage, for one) to pre-program it but, bottom line, it didn't work and I had to return it.

The good news for me was that the old ECM worked fine once I fixed one wire.

TylerAchenbach

Joined Sep 5, 2016
The car does not have abs but the 2006 ecm is looking for it not a big deal since I have the codes turned off anyway as far as the throttle position codes I didn't have the title body plugged in from earlier when I was maKing See there was power to the plug I just never plugged it back in. I'm guessing my problem lies with the u1001 code. It's basically telling me I have really bad grounds and need to fix them. I guess I need to start load testing my splices and checking my grounds.