Nios II help Interfacing Sensors

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by matthew.m, Feb 8, 2011.

1. matthew.m

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Hey guys,
    Im new to embedded systems design and just need soe direction on what to do.

What i wanna do is connect and interface sensors to the nios II microprocessor. These sensors include ; temperature sensor, hygrometer , rain gauge , solar radiation , humidity and wind spped/direction (anonemeter) .. These sensors then produce data to be sent to a remote PC

What i know so far is lets say a TM temperature sensor producing an Analog V signal , which in turn will have to provide input to an AC converter. The ACcon then provides an input for the FPGA.

What i'm not getting a hang of is how to interface the sensors with the microprocessor and the technique , the use of interrupts an DMA , data memory storage , reading and writing, and its communication to the PC for user interface. SO basically collecting the data and sending it to a PC and software in C on how to do this is the next step.

Can anyone help me out in detail so i can see the big picture? really am lost in this and definitely need help in detail. Any help would be appreciated

2. matthew.m

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 8, 2011
    anyone here can help?
  3. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Is this a school assignment?