Nintendo Wii

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Using some trick, perhaps?

though now that i think about it the programming for all these platforms is a lot different, isn't it?
Yes. The games/software are programmed to a platform which, although having transparently similar features, present very different methods for their implementation. It would be like trying to install Windows software on a Mac, what would happen if you installed software on the Mac that utilised the Win32-API?

Dave

playstation.aneesh

Joined Jan 8, 2008
oh okkkk..i wont post such things.....i dont have idea about API sorry..do u think there cud be a way?but there are softwares and plugins wich u call as " emulators " that enables u to play roms of clasic nintendo consoles on a ps2.....moreover there are ps1, ps2 ,xbox emulators emulators for PC that enables u to play console games on pc..but its not fully tested ......i have tried ps1 discs on PC..iT works....but havent tried emulating ps2 discs

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
Yes. The games/software are programmed to a platform which, although having transparently similar features, present very different methods for their implementation. It would be like trying to install Windows software on a Mac, what would happen if you installed software on the Mac that utilised the Win32-API?

Dave
Yes I now realise that too.
btw, just for clarification I was asking about games made for all platforms, carbon for example, but now, I see that even that is pointless.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
oh okkkk..i wont post such things.....i dont have idea about API sorry..do u think there cud be a way?but there are softwares and plugins wich u call as " emulators " that enables u to play roms of clasic nintendo consoles on a ps2.....moreover there are ps1, ps2 ,xbox emulators emulators for PC that enables u to play console games on pc..but its not fully tested ......i have tried ps1 discs on PC..iT works....but havent tried emulating ps2 discs
Yes, emulation is one option. The Wii has a virtual console (no less than a software emulator) built-into it that allows you to play the classics games on the NES, SNES, N64, Mega Drive, and quite a few more.

As with all emulation, the big issue is licensing.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I'm not sure I'd be confident of running a downloaded PS2 emulator. Could run it in a virtual machine but then the hardware resources are restricted.

Dave