Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by playstation.aneesh, Mar 19, 2008.

1. playstation.aneesh

Thread Starter Active Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Am plannin to buy the latest Nintendo console !!!

Need comments and suggestions about its latest games, reviews n stuffs !

2. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
  3. playstation.aneesh

Jan 8, 2008
    ok ..currently am in my work place where all gaming sites are blocked..Is there a mod for nintendo wii invented? will it play all backups\copied dvds ?

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    The Wii is currently unable to play DVDs (to my disappointment) but I'm led to believe that they will be releasing a new console that is DVD capable. What that means for those of us with the original Wii is unclear at this point.

It surfs the Net a treat though!

Dave

5. playstation.aneesh

Jan 8, 2008
    unable to play dvds???? wat does tat mean..nintendo wii games are dvds rite?i dont get u sorry

Bcos in india shopkeeprs are totally unclear abt this console....some say they have chiippped ones..some dont and moreover the prices are ranging from 14000 Rs to 25 000 Rs ( 378$ to 660$ )
    They say there are 3 versions of it chinese, japanese and english

Iam confused : (

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    What it means is that the current models of the Wii do not have DVD-Video playbcak capabilities. Nintendo are working with Sonic Solutions to integrate the CinePlayer CE DVD Navigator software into the Wii system. The significant demand for the Wii has pushed the DVD-version of the Wii from a 2007 release date to sometime in 2008 (unconfirmed). At the moment I am not aware of this being on the market.

I am led to believe that owners of current versions require more than a firmware upgrade so we may never see it on our consoles. I live in blind hope!

Dave

7. playstation.aneesh

Jan 8, 2008
    ooops ok....u mean dvd video. tats fine. iam ok as long as it plays all backup ( copied ) games lol

8. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    That is a whole other discussion. System updates will be your biggest problem, but in the interests of discussing illegal activities I think we should can the "copied-games" chat.

Can to share with us what Wii games you like?

Dave

9. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
    well haven't played any game on wii but Hack & Slash (or beat em up) and RPG are my favorite...All Japanese ones..not so much a "God of war" or "Heavenly Sword fan". I used to play lot of RTS too...Age of empire still remains one of my favorite.

Counter strike is the only FPS i now play...and Max Payne is one of the best Third person shooter IMHO.

Haven't played much game of late.

10. playstation.aneesh

Jan 8, 2008
    Cant wait to buy Wii , No wii stocks here..they say they have unmodded ones ..bit costly 700$,,huh : (
    Anyways ma fav games on ps2 wud be
    1.God of war 2
    2. Onimusha
    3. Burnout revenge
    4. James bond everything or nothing
    5. Golden eye rogue agent
    6. Shadow of the coluusssus
    7. Jet li rise to honour
    8.All sports games like mvp baseball,cricket and fifa soccer ( street ones are cool including nba)
    9.Mission impossible operation surma
    10.ALMOST All chinese ones

On PC

Crazy taxi, virtua tennis, medal of honour, james bond night fire, ghos rider, shrek series, fifa,brian lara cricket, gta series,american mc gees alice,undying, Unreal tournament, CS ,quake ..many many more..well i own a gaming parlour in india

11. playstation.aneesh

Jan 8, 2008
    My friend says theres a 5 wire method to mod a wii it uses a soft mod chip called " YAOSM" ....Need to google it when i get back home

12. playstation.aneesh

Jan 8, 2008
    Can anybody send me a "word file attachment "wich includes a full set of Wii Games wich is released so far...because iam under network restriction at ma work place..The only site wich is unblocked here is " all about circuits.com" : )

13. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
  14. playstation.aneesh

Jan 8, 2008
    : (
    wiki is blocked.am bored.the only site am able to open is all about circuits

15. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    If you can only access AAC then do some studying! :D

Dave

16. playstation.aneesh

Jan 8, 2008
    He hee !!!!!!!!!

17. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
    see if the attachment works...
    anyway since the sites are blocked ..knowing only the name of games won't help much.
    I might look like a noob but are theredifferent DVD's for PS,XBOX and WII..will one not work on another(of course it won't,but any ideas?)

18. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    How do you mean?

Dave

19. playstation.aneesh

Jan 8, 2008
    Thanks recca that was a good list of wii games released so far..i have started dreaming abt call of duty 5 and mario cart game on the wii..didnt know that there were so many titles....eventhough the medium is DVD..u cannot play wii games on other consoles or vice versa..

20. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
    Using some trick, perhaps?

though now that i think about it the programming for all these platforms is a lot different, isn't it?