Next thing- Brake light switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almany

Joined Oct 9, 2014
Hello,I have received some relay/fuse panel diagrams for my car. . There is a 10 amp fuse for brake lights which looks good,but I will replace. Next, there is a stop lamp inhibit relay(which is energized when brake light switch is activated by foot pedal). I have already replaced this relay-brake lights including center lamp still dont illuminate. It may be then, that changing the brake light switch under foot pedal- is the best next thing to change. What do you think? Thank you in advance!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Rather replacing every next item that comes to mind, why not diagnose the fault.
Do you have a digital multi-meter (DMM)?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
have you tried simply pushing the switch with your finger? ive had two vehicles so far, in which, the switch assy itself had slipped back and was no longer close enough for the pedal to activate. a mechanical adjustment of some nuts on the threads had everything back in working order very soon.

Almany

Joined Oct 9, 2014
It is used with ABS Module,it only inhibits the lights in certain circumstances. If it malfunctions it can keep the lights from working all the time.Thats what I have read on forums.

Almany

Joined Oct 9, 2014
have you tried simply pushing the switch with your finger? ive had two vehicles so far, in which, the switch assy itself had slipped back and was no longer close enough for the pedal to activate. a mechanical adjustment of some nuts on the threads had everything back in working order very soon.
Thank you for your comment. The mechanic checked that,He said it hadnt moved,and suggesting changing it.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
why wouldnt you want to warn people behind you that you are slowing for a turn? or stopping with your turn signals on? no brake lights means a ticket at the least, a rear end colision aolso.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm with alfacliff. In my experience, there is NO WAY to inhibit a brake light signal. I demand extraordinary proof of the extraordinary claim that there is any way to prevent the brake lights from coming on when the pedal is pushed, except of course for the unintended fault the OP is dealing with.

What engineer would risk his career by implementing such a thing?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus